Monday, May 21, 2012

My First BeautyBox Five

Hiya Everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and a great start to spring and summer. I recieved my first subscription box today and it was the Beautybox Five, I will be linking thier site below. As I said its a beauty sample subscription service and it costs 12.00 a month. As this is my first subscription box I cannot compare it to any other subscriptions and their pricing but in my mind for what I recieved in the box 12.00 is a fair price. Ok lets get to the BeautyBox and what was inside...


First off this box is a beautiful Tiffany blue color and when I seen it in my mail box I was instantly excited. I literally ran inside and ripped it open. The first thing I found was that all the samples in the beautybox were wrapped in this little organza bag and tied shut, I did have some difficulty untieing this as I am packaging challenged. But, after I got the small bag opened the first thing I pulled out was a Mini Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in the scent Hawaiian Kukui. This stuff smells to die for, it smells like something hawaiian should smell!  Not too fruity but also not too floraly with a hint of sunscreen. I can't wait to tell my readers how this works on my skin.

The next thing or two things I should say that I pulled out of the box were the two samples of two different It's A 10 products. I got a sample of the miracle styling serum and the miracle hair mask. I am excited to try the styling serum and I literally just took a shower before coming on here to write this post and I used the miracle hair mask. I think I like it but to really say I would have to go out and buy the full size. I really am thinking about purchasing it because it made my hair super soft. I normally am not a fan of the little packets that these samples come in, their flimsy and plastic and its hard to get all of the product out but since I am so excited about these I gave them a try. Most of the time small samples like this just lay on my bathroom counter and collect dust until my mother uses them or gives them away. But, these I promise I will use.

Next was the Evie Evan Mini Purity Mask, I am so excited to try this. I love masks and I use one on my face every two weeks. This smells like mint and lemon, the smell is heavenly. This is a gray color which kinda put me off at first but the smell made up for it. There is so much product in this little jar its insane, there is most likley enough product in there to let me do 4 to 5 face masks! I can't wait to try this out and tell all of you about it!

Next was the Merlot samples, I recieved 3 samples of Merlot's grape seed Night Cream. I really don't use night cream and once again its in those little flimsy plastic little things that I hate. Since I don't really use night cream I am giving these to my mom to try out and see how she likes them.

Last thing in my BeautyBox was the Comodynes Tanning Towel. This worries me a little, not even joking. The package says it gives a natural looking tan but it also gives me the impression that I will turn the color of the packaging which is a goldish orange oompa loompa color. Tell me the truth people have you ever seen a natural looking oompa loompa? I may try this on a small section of skin that no one sees and see how it works, I am not big on tanning at all or being tan so I am not sure if I'll like it or not. It seems to be pretty much a moist towelette with tanning self bronzer on it...seems a little strange but that may just be me.

Overall I like the beautybox 5, is it worth the money? Yes I believe 12.00 is a reasonable price for a beautybox and I think the surprise of what your getting is the fun of it!  I am linking BeautyBox 5 below if you'd like to sign up or just check it out!


Ok Everyone theres one last thing! I took this picture of the flowers in my yard blooming as I was going to the mailbox and I thought I would share this with everyone! Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment