Friday, April 6, 2012

Tribal Nail Art Tutorial

Hiya Everybody! I hope everyone is doing well today, I will be doing my first nail art tutorial today, if you like it and would like more tutorials please tell me in the comments below. Today's tutorial is for tribal inspired nail art.
The things you will need are:
A clear nail polish base.
A bright nail polish to use as a base, I suggest yellow,green, or pink (I used a coral color)
A white nail polish or nail striper to make a large stripe on your nail.
A lighter color nail polish to make another large strip on your nail, I suggest one of the colors mentioned above that you did not use as a base.
A black nail art pen or striper, to make fine lines.
A different color nail art pen or striper, to make fine lines ontop of your white polish stripe on your nail.
A top coat, to top it all off.

Also, if you do not have nail pens or stripers, fine paintbrushes from you local dollar store work just as well, you can get them for like ten in a package for a dollar.

Okay, the first thing I did on my nails was apply a clear nail polish base coat, I did not take pictures of the base coat because it is just a base coat, pretty basic if you ask me.

The next thing I did was I got my bright nail polish base, in my case I used Barry M's Nail Paint in Pink Flamingo, its a very coraly pink color. I used two coats of it on all of my nails as pictured below.

Next, after my nails had dried I used Orly's Soft White nail polish, but any white polish can be used, and I made large stripes on each of my nails, alternating as I went as you can see.
After the large white stripes on each of my nails had dried I took Nicole by OPI's My Lifesaver from the Justin Bieber collection and made large blue stripes the same way, alternating as I went.


Once the white and blue stripes were completely dry, I took my nail art pen that I chose to use (any color you see fit will do) and I made a stripe under the white on each nail and made polkadots in a line on the white stripes to start my tribal inspired design.

Here is a close up of that last step.



The next step in this nail art design is to take your back nail art pen or black nail polish and I made lines on the edge of the blue stripe and then made alternating diagonal lines on each nail. This finished off the tribal design as you can see in the picture below, the last and final step after your nail art has dried is to apply a top coat. But, please make sure your nail art is dry before or it will smudge, and please excuse my messy paint job, I tend to get polish everywhere...oops.

Here is my finished tribal inspired nail art design, I hope this tutorial was helpful, if you want more nail art tutorials please tell me in the comments, I am open to suggestions too, I hope everyone liked this tutorial and I hope it helped some people out, Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment