Friday, February 24, 2012

Sally Girl Single Eyeshadows


Hey Cuties! I picked these 5 Sally Girl Single Eyeshadows up at Sally Beauty when I was there last week and just got around to swatching them. If you don't know Sally Girl Eyeshadows are single eyeshadows that Sally Beauty Supply Sells for 98 cents or if you have a Sally's card like I do, they're 89 cents each. The single eyeshadows click together and since I got five I clicked mine together to make a sort of palette, they have tons of colors, anything you'd want, matte or shimmer. So as I said I just got around to swatching these and they are pretty flippin fantastic if I do say so myself, I would even say certain colors are comparable to MAC eyeshadows. Oh and if your wondering what my polish is, its Essie Mamba with a reversed gradient glitter effect using OPI's Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry Collection and Pink Ocean from Sinful Colors topped with OPI's I juggle....men from the Femme De Cirque collection. But Below are my swatches of the shadows on my hand:
From left to right the colors are: Ocean Blue, Electric Blue, Navy, Starry Night, and Rich Mocha(horizontally under the four shadows going from left to right.)
Ocean Blue is exactly what the name suggests, its a very ocean color or sky blue shade with shimmer in it, a great spring and summer color. This one is super pigmented!
Electric Blue is not at all what I suspected from the eyeshadow, at first glance its a nice blue with a purple tint with blue and sliver shimmer but when swatched it looks a very lilacy(is that a word?) purple and very sheer, not very pigmented.
Navy is one of those colors that at first glance under the horrible store lighting it looked like a black with shimmer and I was ok with that but when I got it home and swatched it, it is very true to its name, a super pigmented navy blue with shimmer.
Starry Night looks exactly like it does in the packaging as it does in the swatch, its a gray silver color with micro shimmer and it would be great if you were doing a smoky eye.
The last color was Rich Mocha and this one really let me down but for 89 cents what did I expect? Its the soft brown color and it looks darker in the packaging, and in the packaging it seems to have shimmer but when I swatch it theres a sort of metallic sheen but no shimmer.  Rich Mocha seems to be a good color, maybe for your brow line. Overall I spent a little under 5.00 for these and I believe they were worth it, I will be going back and buying more Sally Girl products as they are high quality products at affordable prices, I hope my little review helped, if you have any suggestions feel free to email me at beautyrushinfo@gmail.com Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment